20090723

Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk

This past Saturday, I took part in Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk (2nd Annual) here in Rockford, IL.

It was quite a bit of fun, and a part of Rockford I hadn't even seen before. There were a few challenges that I faced while there. Aside from feeling completely undergeared, I don't have a flash, other than the onboard flash. So, when it came time to use fill flash, I wasn't quite able to, to the point that I'd want. Now, I have two old flashes for my Minolta 35mm camera that work on occasion, but at this photowalk, I didn't have them with me, thinking I wouldn't use them. My mistake!

So, when it got dark, I thought, I'd be able to use some of the natural lighting to solve this dilema. Well, yet again, I was proven wrong. Despite being bright enough to see, and wander around with my camera and tripod, my measly camera didn't quite catch all the light i wanted it to. Luckily, my friend Lindsay tagged along for the evening, since it was something she'd never heard of, and was remotely interested in. ;) As part of the evening she brought along her camera as well. So what I ended up doing (for the generator shot above), I triggered my shutter and used her camera off to the side, taking pictures and using her flash. Now I love the effect that this ended up producing. So I figure, this is definitely something I'm interested in pursuing more.

Below are a few other photos from the evening... :)










Overall, this photowalk was awesome, and something I'm looking forward to doing again next year, not to mention, the future photowalks that aren't "sponsored" in whatever area I may be in.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yay, go us! And have I told you that I'm totally digging the waterfall one? Oh and that last one with the building and clouds. ;-) So very niiice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got these for sale anywhere? Rondell needs some new paintings for her walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to find some sort of a good stock agency to post photos through, but haven't had much luck so far. But it's in the works! Thank you for the inquiry! :)

    ReplyDelete