20090812

Meteor Shower


So tonight there was supposed to be a meteor shower. I took the time to go outside of town and sit in a spot I know that light polution is a minimum. Unfortunately, the moon was out in full force (not a full moon, but still, quite bright), and that detracted from any shooting of the stars that I could possibly do. Then of course, I'm to the point I definitely need to upgrade to an FX camera, since my camera has a max bulb time of 30 minutes. Also, my sensor heats up after about 5 minutes of collecting light, and gets burn marks on the corners of the image, so not quite what you'd want when shooting stars.

The meteor shower turned out to be quite weak, I maybe only saw 10-15. So instead I took the opportunity to do a little more testing with "painting" light on the scenery. Meaning, I would open the shutter and stand off to the side and flash spots I wanted to highlight, and then "paint" items with an LED flashlight to give off a blue effect. Not quite to the point of my liking, but I'm progressing with this technique, and its still something I'm exploring and hoping to get better at.
So below are a few of the shots from tonight for you to check out. Post your comments/critiques. I'm welcome to suggestions as always!










1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen these... I really like them :)

    ReplyDelete