20100331

More!

Below you'll see a picture of my good friend Lucas. I was stationed with him in Las Vegas and ended up rooming with him and another friend Lloyd for a majority of my time there. I had the good fortune of being sent to the East Coast for DINFOS and Lucas just so happens to goto Virginia Tech now days. Well I had an assignment that consisted of portraits and expressions. I hung up a blanket, set up a couple of SB-800s and had him pop a squat in front of the camera. I've got probably 30 photos of him acting completely goofy. Which is great for memories sake, but I won't post them up here just for his sanity. :)



After returning from DINFOS I found our headquarters building being torn apart for construction purposes. Apparently they're remodeling the first floor. I was over there knocking out some paperwork and thought I'd grab the camera to shoot some of the construction. Unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot going on. None of the shots were really newsworthy or important. But I really liked the one below, could be better, could be worse, but cool nonetheless.


If you're following me on twitter you probably heard me talking about getting a Justin Clamp from Manfrotto, unfortunately I need it this week, and wound up running to the local camera store and making my own. In the end it cost more than the Justin Clamp itself, but I get a few more pieces that I can use later on for other projects out of it. But below you can see it, and as you can probably tell, its incredibly useful for any kind of lighting you might want. Instead of relying on having someone hold the flash, or sitting the flash on a surface that could possible get into the photo, now i can hang it from the ceiling, mount it to a chair, or whatever else I feel like mounting it to! :)


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment