20100329

Back from Maryland

Well, I'm back from Maryland, and I was unable to keep posts going on the blog, mainly due to being busy and lazy during what free time I had. Through the next couple of days I'll be postings updates with pictures from my time at the Defense Information School.

Overall it was a good experience, and I feel I walked away learning some things. The first couple weeks were a wash (stuff I learned in college) but understandable, you have to start with the basics so that everyone is on the same playing field. Thankfully, the instructors kind of let me break free of the mold they were keeping everyone in and allowed me to experiment using a ridiculous amount of equipment. :) I checked out 3 flashes, stands, umbrellas, a nice wide-angle lens, and a few other miscellaneous items.

So here are a few photos from the course!




All 3 of the above images are recreations of works done by Joe McNally. One of our assignments was to create a reproduction, and since I admire his work so much and aspire to be like him, naturally, I wanted to create a challenge. Now, they're no where up to par with his, but for the most part, I'm happy with how they turned out.

More later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment